Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This is Definitley Blog Worthy for Me!!

Starbucks Offers Free Coffee for Homeschool Parents

This coming Monday, September 29, homeschool parents will be able to pick up a complimentary tall size (12 fl. oz.) cup of Pike Place Roast from Starbucks.
This promotion is part of Starbucks “Great Start for Great Teachers” promotion, and is now open to all teachers.

HSLDA intervened when we were alerted that homeschool parents were not included in the promotion.

We are pleased that Starbucks is recognizing the contribution of homeschool parents by extending their program to us.

In order to pick up your free cup of Pike Place Roast you will need to present evidence that you are a homeschooler.

Any one item on the following list should be accepted by Starbucks:
Home School Legal Defense Association membership card.

Membership card from a state homeschooling organization
.
Notification from a school district or state government recognizing compliance with compulsory attendance.
Paperwork submitted showing intent to establish a homeschool program.

Paperwork showing the establishment of a private school.

If you don’t have one of the items on this list be creative and try to provide other proof of homeschooling
.
Please note: the final decision about whether to accept proof of homeschooling resides with Starbucks.
We hope you choose to take advantage of this offer.

Call your local Starbucks to make sure they what they will accept as proof before you go.

I just called to verifi and...........it's true!!!!

5 comments:

Carri

boy oh boy..is this meant for you or what...lol!

Amy Fichtner

yes, it's my little reward, now if I could only get myself there!!

Dear Abbi

Oooh, oooh, me, me!! Only I don't have any of those things to prove that we homeschool! I will have to think of something between now and then!!

Thanks for sharing!

Amy Fichtner

I called Starbucks and they said, they are not going to be "picky" about it. Take up a piece of cirriculum. That should work

Dear Abbi

I'm still brainstorming about how we can get that Starbucks coffee!! I think I'm just going to call them and ask. What about my lesson plan book? Or a curriculum receipt? Or our stubs from our homeschool convention? Something has GOT to work!

Also, I tagged you on my blog...if you want to play along. :)

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP